Saturday, March 05, 2005

My ice obsession

I am obsessed with eating ice. I am so obsessed that I told my story separately to Mom and Dad so we’d get two blog entries. Looks as if my trick worked, didn’t it?

This time of year there is lots of ice in my back yard and on the streets where we walk. I will eat ice until my whole body quivers and my teeth chatter. Then I come into the house and act really hyper, digging up blankets and tossing couch cushions around the living room. Mom thinks maybe my brain gets frozen, kind of like an "ice cream headache," not that I would know what that is since I never get ice cream.

It takes a long time until I stop shivering, but then I want to go back outside to eat more ice. This drives Mom nuts. She doesn’t mind if I eat ice if it’s a weekend and she’ll be at home, but she yells at me if I eat ice in the morning before she goes to work or if it’s getting towards bedtime. She says something about how I’ll have to go potty, but I don’t really get the connection. I mean, ice is hard and solid—-not liquid like water. How could ice make me go potty?

The next best thing to ice is snow. It’s not as crunchy and satisfying as ice, but it’s okay for a change—-it’s kind of like "ice lite." Also, I like to roll in snow. Mom doesn’t mind that at all. She says that makes me clean, and everybody likes a clean dog.

Another thing about ice is that you can walk on it. Mom takes me to the lake by campus where I go swimming in the summer. But in the winter, they take away the lake and put a big piece of ice in its place. I haven’t been able to eat that big, lake-size piece of ice, but I do enjoy running on it.

There are all these guys who think there are fish underneath the ice. They sit out in the cold all day waiting for the fish to bite onto the string they put into the ice. Why would a fish want to be smooshed under the big piece of ice? I’m glad Mom just wants to walk and not sit there with a pole and string waiting for fish. /psm

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is odd, you better stop doing that before you lower your body temp too much and get hypothermia. And obviously ice melts n your body, thats why it makes your body cold because your body heat transfers to the ice, melting it. You then pee it out like you would if you drank water.
PS your IQ cannot be above 70

December 30, 2005 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh ok i think that this is somebody typing from a dogs point of view...----nywayz, yeah like guy above me said you can get hypothermia and you can probably stop doing it with great ease if your *mom and dad*? stop letting you outside/ oh and if they really wanna clean dog then errr heres my suggestion; take a bath its simple. heres how=
all u gotta do is pour some hot water in a tub er pan er watever, then scrub yourself with a clothe. viola ur clean.

February 08, 2006 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't call it a great practice..you must avoid these otherwise hypothermia is all likely in the case...in the physique as you this might result in major disorder.(god forbid)...precaution is the best remedy...

September 25, 2007 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a place for you, Atlas Dog.
http://icechewing.iswhaticrave.com
I'm sure the ppl here will accept you w/ open arms... even if you are... well... a dog.

February 01, 2009 4:21 PM  
Blogger AtlasDog said...

I think you have something there, ice person. Listen to this posting:

"All of my life I can remember being a huge fan of eating ice. I have always craved it... I constantly think about it.".

Geez, I think some of the people on http://icechewing.iswhaticrave.com are worse than I am. I am still hanging in there, but with increasing age--I mean wisdom--I am more relaxed these days.

Still, a little ice now and then never hurt a guy, eh?

February 01, 2009 10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 27, 2010 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home