Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Jake

This is our friend Jake Odell.

Jake on grass near porch

I've known Jake for about four years. I wouldn't exactly call him a good friend, because aside from Juno I don't have any close friends. I'm more interested in sniffing, swimming, and eating--not necessarily in that order. But I get along with most dogs. Except for those dogs that have the gall to be bigger than I am. Can you believe the nerve of those dogs? The worst is that Great Dane. He walks past our house being so big and everything--gosh I hate that. And that poodle Rudy, strutting along as if he's the king or something. Sure, he might be a little taller than I am. But I bet I weigh as much--and can swim better, too.

OK, where was I? Oh yes. Jake is bigger than I am, but I'm an hospitable dog, and I'm willing to overlook that. Especially since Jake doesn't prance around as if he owns the place. So, when Jake visited us on Saturday because his Mom Katharine had to go to a play, I ignored him. Except maybe for a polite sniff.

Then the next day, he visited again when his Mom went to a meeting with my Mom and Dad. I dunno what the meeting was about, but usually when they leave for a few hours, Mom and Dad say that the meeting is going to be really boring and I'm lucky I don't have to go. When they come back, they often have a "doggie bag" that they quickly put in the refrigerator before I can get at it. I don't what that's about. I sure hope there isn't a dog in the refrigerator.

Anyway, on Sunday I again politely ignored Jake. And I'm a diplomatic dog, too. When we went walking with Jake when our parents got back, I made sure to sniff the spots that Jake sniffed, to show that I trusted his judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home